Join us for a walk! Walking is free and open to the public. All you need is yourself and some weather-appropriate clothing. Sturdy footwear is recommended, but no one’s saying you can’t go barefoot!
Rambles are generally between 4 and 10 miles and take a couple of hours, varying by season. A basic route will be established ahead of time to maximize interestingness and return us to our point of departure in a timely manner, with some room to veer off as ramblers see fit. We may stop for refreshments during or following the walk. In case of weather, walks will be postponed to the next Sunday at the same time.
Inconvenient locations or times? Not sure about such a long/short/slow/fast walk? Don’t like the idea of being surrounded by a bunch of merry ramblers? You can still help! The most important way you can strengthen Detroit’s pedestrian community is simply by walking; anywhere, anytime. We hope to see you out there!
2014 Ramble Schedule
- January 5:
- February 16:
- April 6:
- June 15:
- November 9
Downtown: meet at Guardian Building at 3:00.
Belle Isle at 3:00 — celebrate Valentine’s weekend with a long walk on the beach!
Bloomsday and Dalloway Day; celebrating an ordinary day in June. Meet at Veterans Park in Hamtramck at 3:00.
Calendar of other ambulatory events:
- 21, Friday: International Day of Forests
- 23, Sunday: Marche du Nain Rouge
- 2, Wednesday: National Walking Day
- 11, Friday: Walk to Work Day and Take Back the Night Detroit
- 30, Wednesday: National Walk @ Lunch Day
- National Walking Month in the UK
- 3/4, Saturday/Sunday: Jane’s Walk
- 18, Sunday: Women Walking Woodward for Peace
- Great Outdoors Month
- 7, Saturday: National Trails Day
- 14, Saturday: National Get Outdoors Day
- 16, Monday: Bloomsday
- mid-June: Dalloway Day
- 20, Saturday, 12-4: Midtown Literary Walk
- 22, Monday: World Car Free Day
- 26-27, Friday-Saturday, 7-midnight: Dlectricity
- 27, Saturday: National Public Lands Day
- Walktober — National Walking Month in the US
- 8, Wednesday: Walk/Bike to School day
- 12, Sunday: Zombie Walk Detroit
- 31, Friday: Halloween!
- 6, Saturday: Noel Night
Are we forgetting something here? Contact us!